What is the latest technology from Husqvarna when it comes to robotic mowers?
First of all, what is EPOS?
(Exact Positioning Software), a breakthrough technology for a new series of professional Automower® robotic lawn mowers. The satellite-based technology enables the mowers to work within virtual boundaries. This makes it an easy and flexible solution. Perfect for football pitches, golf courses, city parks, company real estates – and all other places that deal with changing circumstances and needs. Also, the absence of physical boundary wires means problem-free aerating, scarifying and turf repair.
1. Use your mobile phone and the app to set up the installation, and define work areas and stay-out zones.
2. Define temporary or permanent stay-out zones by using the appDrive function in the mobile app to drive the mower around areas that shall not be mowed.
3. Satellite signals are received by both the mower and the reference station. To achieve up to centimetre level accuracy a technique called RTK-GNSS is used. It enhances the precision of satellite position data.
4. Global navigation satellite system (GNSS) provides satellite signals to the mower and the reference station. A minimum of four satellite signals are needed for both the mower and the reference station. The following GNSS satellite systems are used: GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and Galileo.
5. Define the mower’s work area by using appDrive function in the mobile app to drive the mower around the area that shall be mowed.
6. Correction data from the reference station is required to operate the mower at all times and to keep a high level of accuracy of the mower’s position.
7. The place where the mower automatically returns to recharge its batteries.
8. A fixed reference station is required to reach a high precision of the mower’s position. The reference station broadcasts correction data to the mower.
See Husqvarna EPOS in action
Explore how easy it is to get started, how the Husqvarna EPOS technology allows you to create virtual boundaries for work areas and stay-out zones – and how all this makes your workday more efficient.